Sunday, March 8, 2009

Welcome all!

I think we can all agree that millennials are as unalike as we've ever been, or perhaps even ever will be! According to the National Journal of Implied Statistics, millennials are the most diverse group of people ever. And lest we forget, implied statistics is one of the most highly respected implied sciences in the world. So that's really something we can all be proud of!

As an Iron Age woman, millennial, and successful writer, I wanted to create a space for all my diverse millennial pals to weigh in on the topics that mean the most to all of us. Because, as such a diverse group of people, we sure all think alike on a lot of issues! Like, I think we all feel pretty strongly about keeping the socio-religious traditions that our mothers and fathers may not have cherished, after dying from malnutrition at an early age, or being kidnapped and sold into slavery by their Roman conquerors. I think we also feel pretty proud of ourselves for letting the Canaanites, Gauls, and Tuluvas enter free trade in our markets. And I know probably people in my parents' generation would be shocked to know that I have befriended a "dirty" Akkadian, but to me, she's just another flaxweaver.

I also know that some people (Mom!) look down on us and call us the "ME" Generation. They think that we're spoiled, lazy, and all we care about is partying and drinking unfiltered mash or date wine. Nothing could be further from the truth! We also care about other people, and feel a duty to our society and our caste.

So, please, millennials, do not worry about correct grammar or a cogent argument. If you have a thought in your head, please send it to me and together we will speak out about Our World.

Thank you, and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment